Monday, September 15, 2008

Oh, Happy Day!


Chris and Wanda showed up at the house this afternoon as Husband and Wife. Yes, they tied the knot in a romantic, secret ceremony. It took place beside the pool at Jeff's house. Alli was there, of course, as well as Jeff and the officiant. We are so glad they finally did it, and think it's fantastic that they kept it simple - no frill, no fluff, only the important stuff. The honeymooners (with Derrek and Jordan) are heading to San Antonio tonight, to stay in a motel near the hospital where the donor and donee are to report early in the morning for a final round of pre-transplant testing. Congratulations! And welcome to the family!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cassell you are good! I was surprised to see our happy faces on sproutingdaisies this morning! Love the pic with Sean. It is our favorite. Can't wait to find a special place for it in our new home.
Honeymoon??You are kidding, right?
You should have seen the place we stayed! YUCK!! I couldn't wait to get out of there this morning. I wouldn't even take my shoes off! Chris can tell you about my gagging. He sure thought it was funny. Poor preggy Jordan, sorry!

Yes, it was "Oh, Happy Day!" And today is happy and tomorrow will be even happier cause my Chrissy will be well soon! Thanks to all of you who offered your kidney, and thank you Sean, Jeff, and Tony for going through the testing process and Cassell for trying. Derrick we thank you for the unconditional love you are giving to Chris and thank you Jordan for sharing your husband with us during this precious time of your life. Yes, September 15 2008 was a great day for Chris & Wanda! I chose this day because it is Cole's birthday, so it will always be in my heart. My son's birthday and my anniversary...oh, how sweet! I also chose this day because it is the end of our old life. Chris won't be sick all of the time. We are here at the Methodist Transplant Unit this morning to start the transplant process. Derrick has given us this new life together, a new beginning we will share with our families, our friends and our children (Ransom, Cole, Alli & maybe "1" of our own?). Tomorrow is "THE DAY", but yesterday was the first day of the rest of our life together. Don't cry girls (Patti, Paula & Cassell). Thank you Alli and Jeff for shariing the moment with us.
Love to all of you and thank you from the bottom of my heart, Flitty

I must sound like a cheerleader....don't count the exclamation points! Lots of thank you's too. I know I left someone out. I'm sorry if I did.

Oh, I forgot one more thank you. Thanks to EVERYONE for helping us on the weekends with our home. Thanks, Sean, for organizing the crew! We couldn't have done it w/o u!

robyn said...

Hey Cassell!
Thanks for sharing your blog with me. I was inspired to start one. It's nice to stay connected to friends and family that are (in my case) spread so far and wide as well as an outlet for musing! I have lots of questions about how you and Seana got such cool templates...I assume you created them yourselves. Would you email me some tips? I'll be praying for the guys tomorrow. How is everyone doing?
*hugs*

chupacabra said...

I was perusing the internet and found this delightful blog. Simply refreshing. The layout is fabulous and trendy as are the links to your other blogs. My God woman, you need to go work on Madison Avenue. Your eye for taste is spectacular and your communication skills are impeccable. Who is that creepy, but handsome, man in the background of the photo? Keep up the good work!!!!!

Cassell said...

I love you, Chupacabra! You sure know how to crack me up!