Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Baby's First Picnic

Its finally beginning to feel like Fall around here. The weather has been just beautiful. I'm trying to take advantage of it while it lasts, so on Saturday, I treated Willa to her first picnic in the back yard. We dined on cold pasta and watermelon (and Willa sampled a little dirt.) As you can see, I let her get real good and filthy. My mom always says that the harder babies play, and the dirtier they get, the better they'll sleep at night. (After a bath, of course.) I wish I could say it worked like a charm. Nights are still a little challenging, but it was a great day!

3 comments:

Seana said...

Wow, Willa sure does look like fun to hang out with! She has so much personality! btw, love the orange swing, where did you find that and did you just put in the swing set along with the backyard re-do? I WANT A YARD.... :(

Mimi said...

Looks like a great picnic....used to do that too for you, Cassell except we were usually at the park feeding the ducks. You have become the mother I most admire and if I loved Willa any more than I already do I would surely burst! Thank you for all you are to me...both of you!
Mom & Grammy

Sonya said...

Your little girl is just adorable!