Sunday, April 5, 2009

Little Stunt Chick

A few weeks ago, Willa and I had a play date with our friends, Jennifer and Will Bryla. We met at the park at Market Square and played in the sand and on the slides. Willa took to the fun immediately. She wasn't even the slightest bit intimidated by the bigger kids or the new activity. In fact, it was a challenge for me to keep up with her. While the other moms on the playground were having to coax their kids down the slides, I was enforcing the "WAIT!" rule so that I could make it to the catch position at the base of the slide before she took off. She was absolutely giddy with excitement as she sat at the top of the slide awaiting my go-ahead. And then the moment her feet hit the sand, she spun around to climb back up for more. Unfortunately, my camera's battery was dead and I couldn't get any of the cute synchronized sliding that was going on between Willa and Will, who are exactly one month apart and such a cute pair of kiddos. But, Sean and I returned with our daring daughter and a fully charged battery, a few days later and got these great shots of her in action.








2 comments:

Seana said...

These are GREAT photos! She is such a little girl now, no longer a baby! She will be insisting on doing everything herself before long, if she doesn't already. She's that kid on the playground EVERYONE (no matter the age) wants to hang out with, just waiting to see what adventure she'd take them on next. She is beautiful Cassell.

Heidi Fuchs said...

I love the pure joy they show when sliding, swinging, jumping, running. It is my favorite thing to watch. Willa is so very cute, Cassell!!