Friday, October 2, 2009

Beecher


In the midst of everything else that has been going on, we have lost Beecher, our beloved 12 year old Golden Retriever. Two weeks ago, I took him to the vet for pain we assumed was arthritis, but he was diagnosed with Lymphoma. I made arrangements for my friend, Sondra, to come in from Austin and take some photos of Willa and her big, hairy friend. These were taken on Tuesday morning, just before he took a turn for the worst. By Wednesday evening, after a house call from the vet determined that his cancer had progressed more rapidly than expected, Sean and I made the tough decision to say goodbye, and end his pain. Anyone who had ever met Beecher, knew that he was the ultimate dog, who lived every day of his life to the fullest. He was joyful and rambunctious, yet patient and gentle, with eyes that revealed the sweetest heart. We will miss him so much.

On a positive note, I can not believe how lucky we are to have such beautiful photos of his last days with us. I am so grateful. Thank you, Sondra.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Oh this breaks my heart, but what beautiful pictures!

Hang in there!

Sondra Primeaux said...

I'm so glad we did that---it was meant to be! He will be missed!!!

Seana said...

beautiful photos, Beecher will be truly missed.