Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Dance Recital

Willa has been taking tap and ballet from Ms. Rhonda for the past 6 months or so. Nona's treat! I take her every Wednesday, while my Dad and Paula keep the babies and make me a delicious dinner, and Sean goes bowling at Turner Hall. At the first class of each month, parents get to observe the lesson from inside the studio, as opposed to through the crack in the door. Being inside truly distracts and disrupts the dancers, but it is absolutely worth it. I leave that 45 minute class with cheek cramps from smiling so much. There just isn't anything cuter than a row of tiny, tutu-clad 2 and 3 year olds! You can see what I mean as you scroll through the photos below. But trust me, it's nothing compared to the live version. Anyway, her recital was last Saturday at Hondo's on Main. (She danced on the very stage where Sean proposed to me 12 years ago. Sweet, huh?) Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree was their tap number, and Silver Bells was ballet. She did great, remembered her steps much better than I expected, and completely nailed first position! It was quite touching, watching my little girl brave the stage for the first time. Sniff.





No comments: