A week or so ago, Willa and I spent the afternoon with some friends for what I expected would be a low-key, rainy day play-date. It turned out to be quite the contrary. The multitudinous activity and corralling efforts, multi-tasking and multi-conversing made for a mental and physical challenge reminiscent of the day I first met Willa. (More specifically, the grueling hours of childbirth that led up to our magical meeting.) The girls slid and swung, and played in the mud. They splashed in the puddles and cruised in the Escalade. They finger painted and showered in the water hose. And eventually, they all made it to the communal tub for a good scrub before their long, well-earned naps. I don't know if it was the range of ages between the girls that made it so exhausting, or if it had something to do with the humidity in the air restricting my breathing... but it took me a couple of days to recover. I guess I should consider it a taste of my not-so-distant future, if things go according to plan and we multiply Willa by 2 or 3. Yikes! I will definitely need some more practice.
{Camden and Willa are messing with the radio controls. Notice Willa's hair dryer. This makes me think about the two of them carpooling to high school}
{So Charlie's Angels...Don't you think?}



{Camden was dying laughing at Harlie splashing in the puddles. And it soon became all an act for the camera.}


{We checked the label...It's non-toxic.}




{Oh, how fast they grow! The photo below is the same gang just 8 months ago. Click here for the full Breakfast With The Girls post, from September '08.}
No comments:
Post a Comment