
My dear duo in utero,
You've come a long way. babies! In fact, I'd say you've just reached the biggest milestone of your short existence - the point of viability! If you absolutely had to be born today, you would have a great chance of survival, with medical intervention, of course. There have been so many people rooting and praying for you, I bet you can almost hear their mass sigh of relief that we've made it to this point. I'm confident and determined to take you all the way, but that's still a good bit of reassurance. In the recent weeks, you have doubled in size, at 15 inches long, and weigh a hefty 3 pounds each. Your features are growing more distinct, though only time will tell whether they will favor your daddy or me. And you can blink! (I'm out here winking at you right now.) They say that your sleep cycles are developing as well...and it seems as though your days and nights are mixed up. Just about the time I turn in for the night, the two of you start winding up. As busy as you've been inside your cozy womb, things have been equally busy out here. I have been making room for you at home. Nesting has commenced, and with a bang! Bags upon boxes of Willa's outgrown clothing and toys have been sorted and either lovingly reassigned to you or donated. Your daddy and I have begun your sister's transition out of the nursery and into her new big-girl room. Spackling, painting, drilling, check, check, check. Once that is complete, we'll be able to start on the challenging task of designing your shared space. I'm feeling the pressure to hurry and get it done because we're growing so fast, these energetic and productive days are bound to be numbered. My mother's intuition seems to be working; I feel like I'm starting to know who you'll be. Your daddy and I have names picked out for each of you, but we're keeping them to ourselves until we meet and make them official. At 26 weeks, I have gained as much weight as I had at the end of my last pregnancy and I'm considerably rounder. From what the doctor can tell, you are still in the ideal vertex/vertex position and I can feel your tiny movements all over the place, from way down low in my pelvis to up high behind my ribs. Sometimes I catch you stretching out, distorting the basketball that my belly has become, and it's fun to guess which body part it is that's doing the poking and to which one of you it belongs. Time is passing so quickly, before we know it, you'll be nestled in my arms, making those same familiar movements and our little mystery will be solved.
2 comments:
Well, at least you're still rockin' the jeans---even though they're probably uncomfortable as hell---you look gorgeous!!
Well yeah, they're maternity jeans - with an elastic, adjustable waistband, and like, 3 sizes bigger! But thanks!
Post a Comment