At my 27 week prenatal appointment, my doctor grounded me from travel. So I pleaded and managed to squeeze in one final getaway, for Sean and Willa's sake, mostly. Dad, Paula, Margaret, Chris, Sean, Willa, Birdie, and I met up in Port Aransas for a short weekend at a friend's beachfront condo. (Thanks to Paula.) As soon as we got there, I began to understand my doctor's concerns. I am not only pregnant, afterall, but very pregnant, and I was feeling that way for the first time. The heat index was 105 degrees, and here I was, toting my barefoot toddler through the hot sand, covered in saltwater, sand, and sweat. The seaweed was everywhere, which made it tough to cool off in the water. But on the upside, there was plenty of cool air pumping through the free condo and extra, happy hands to help with Willa. And my dad cooked 3 delicious meals each day, including all of his specialties. It was a good time spent with family, and more than anything, I'm glad we took that one last trip before our own little trio becomes a quintet. 











No comments:
Post a Comment