
You've hardly caused a bump, but oh, the havoc you have wreaked! I've emerged from the first trimester in one piece, though it hasn't been pretty! You and I have been high-maintenance, to say the least. Your daddy almost gave up on ever reuniting with the pleasant pre-twin-pregnancy version of me and threatened to pack up and head to the ranch, with your sister in tow, for an extended vacation. Surprisingly, the store didn't crumble, due to my compromised abilities. I am amazed that the household filth generated by the dog, the toddler, the man, the my temporarily slovenly self has not accumulated enough to bury us all. Needless to say, I've been TIRED. Irritable. Nauseated. And, oddly, congested and allergic like never before in my life. But it's all been for good reason. You have clearly needed the energy more than I do, with your rapid development and the complex construction of all of your bodily systems. And like any mother, I'm happy to merely survive so that you two can thrive. Just know that once you get here, I expect you to be good sleepers. You owe me that. Things have improved over the last couple of weeks. You've eased up on me now that your physical development is mostly complete, and I can definitely feel the difference. I was able to take Willa to the park for a picnic yesterday. I hope the slide wasn't too much for you. Anyway, the more days we can have like that, the easier your big sis is going to be on you when you get here. My nausea has subsided, for the most part. It's only when I miss your signal and don't feed you on time, that you stick it to me. In which case, I deserve it. I feel less depleted and have these exciting, yet fleeting moments of energy. I hesitate to act on them, though, for fear that they are only an illusion that is suckering me into some physical activity that I'll pay for later. I'm trying to prepare for your arrival as best I can, by picking the brains of other twin mamas and reading whatever I can find on the subject. I tell you what, nobody has candy coated it! And I'm actually grateful for their honestly. It's better to know what to expect. Willa is making room for you, too. She has already given up diapers in anticipation of the toll your pants are going to take on the landfill. Bringing you home will be the biggest challenge of my life. But I'm up for it. I'm your mom! And I'm sure your daddy and I wouldn't have been given anything that we can't handle. So rest assured, you're in good hands. We wanted you more than you'll ever know, and love you both already!
{I owe credit to PacingThePanicRoom for inspiring me to track my belly and pregnancy progress in this way. The blogger is an awesome photographer who adores his wife and did a weekly series of maternity photos and notes to their baby. It's worth clicking over and checking it out. So sweet. And the awesome photographer that I've enlisted is Jennifer Lankford of PortraitsByJenn. Her site is worth checking out too!}
5 comments:
OH YAY!!! You got it to post! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! THANK YOU for asking me to photograph. I am so honored. Now I am inspired to do the same thing with mine. So excited to walk through this journey with you guys!
This is BEAUTIFUL! The photo, the letter, all of it. What a wonderful way to document the incredible journey of carrying twins, it IS incredible after all. I am so looking forward to following your journey through your blog and our talks. Love you Cassell, you are a gorgeous pregnant mother of twins. Mother of TWINS? isn't that just amazing?! Personally I don't know if that amazement will every really go away, I hope not. :)
OMG The letter was so beautiful and the picture was too! YOU, those two itty bitty lucky babies, my sweet amazing Willa, and last but not least, the devoted loving daddy we all call Sean make Mimi very happy and so proud!!!
wow! you look amazing cassell! you handle everything life hands you with such grace (and humor) and i love you for it! i hope to see you in the nearish future and meet the whole brood! xoxo
You are amazing! Anxious for Part Two of this wonderful trip. May everyday be a little easier. Love you
Post a Comment